I need to read all the literature the rheumatologist gave me (for my homework before next week's appointment) before I can tell you exactly what it is afflicting me but it looks like it is one of the 100 types of arthritus. The various seemingly unrelated symptoms - chest, spine, lower back, heel and shoulder blade pain coupled with the chronic fatigue, low-grade fever and the burning sensation along my esophagus point to a particular kind that enflames these specific areas.
Did you know psoriasis has a type of arthritus attached to it? It is not one being considered but I think this is what rat is dealing with.
I almost started crying when the doctor gave her diagonosis. I did say out-loud, "Finally! Now we know what's going on!" It was great I was not longer 'stumping the doctor'! I was impressed she spent an entire hour with me, was very attentive and listened to what I had to say. She explained a lot of things and spouted all these long names that do not have any shortened names to go with them. I asked if there were any shortened names for any of it to go by and she laughed and told me no. *laughs*
The doc was funny because she thought I was funny. She kept calling me names like 'wild', 'cute', 'bubbly' and other things like that. She liked how I described myself in the two-page list of symptoms - about how I had a 25 year-old brain living in a 85 year-old body. Yes, I type all this stuff out and give to doctors so they have a record of everything at hand. It gives them something to read immediately when I walk through the door instead of them pulling info out of me as they talk to me and it is a way for me to 'remember' everything up-front instead of having to think of things on the spot. I usually forget a point or two if I do not make a list.
Blood, urine and a TB test was done and next week she wants to run a test to see the carpel tunnel damage, which can also linked to this type of arthritus. It is really amazing how this is all tying itself into a neat little package, with all the pieces finally falling into place.
Some of the treatments may or may not work. One she thinks WILL work will be expensive and will require me to give myself injections once a week, but it will also help kick the shit into remission and improve my quality of life. We will know more next week after the bloodwork gets back.
I gave the doc a big hug before I left and thanked her. Then I almost started crying again. I cannot help it - to know relief is finally going to happen is a wonderful feeling.
Anyway, even though I was in a lot of pain (I do not dull the pain with meds before an appointment because I think it is important for a doc to get an accurate analysis of my problem) rat and I went out for a celebratory dinner at one of our favorite local Italian restaurants.
I will post the name of the bugger later, after I have read up on it with the stack of literature.
I need to rest now but I thought you folks would want to know the verdict.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*